Posted by: Shy | 2009-01-14

Inverted Nipples

Hi doc

I have inverted nipples, I am 24 and very self conscious about it. Is there any way to fix it without having surgery?

Dear Shy,
First determine if you have true inverted nipples: A nipple that cannot be compressed outward and does not become erect when cold or stimulated is considered a true flat nipple. To determine if a nipple is truly inverted, compress the areola ( brownish area) about 2.5cm behind the base of the nipple. If the nipple protrudes, no surgery is needed, as it is not truly inverted.

You can try using a suction device like Niplette (see or ask at shops like Baby and Company as it is often used by mothers that want to correct this for breastfeeding. If this does not help you may need to see a surgeon.

Posted by: Shy | 2009-01-15

Thanks Anon, you made me smile hehe. I do enjoy life and make the best of it and doesn' t let my nipples stop me, but I know I would be happier to have normal nipples, I find nipple stands sexy and would like to be able to get them like other people do :)
But thank you for your response and making me feel better about them :)

Reply to Shy
Posted by: anon | 2009-01-15

Why would you want to? There is nothing wrong with inverted nipples, in fact I find them sexy and so do many guys I know. Stop worrying about your inverted nipples and enjoy your life. Go out and find a man to take home and let him enjoy your inverted nipples. Ciao

Reply to anon