Question
Posted by: kea | 2012-05-21

inverted coccyx

Dear Doc
Please put us out of our misery, we have a guy in the office that says his wife cant give normal birth because she has a slightly inverted coccyx and this could cut the baby somewhere during normal child birth.... not one of us has ever heard this, is he serious?

The coccyx could mke the pelvis smaller and therefore make it difficult for the baby to deliver, but it would not cut the baby.

5

I was told after delivering my 2nd child that I have an inverted tailbone... I delivered both my children vaginally but my first was VERY difficult and almost resulted in a section... They were able to use the vacuum to get him out. My second was extremely easy and she popped out in about 10-15 min. It is possible to give birth vaginally with an inverted tailbone but I now think I know why my son was such a difficult delivery!

I have an inverted coccyx and have delivered 3 children vaginally. All three were over 8 lbs. My doctors told me all three times that there was a possibility that my coccyx would break or that there may not be enough room for a "normal" delivery but there was. I was lucky I guess. My oldest is now 33.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-29

Posted by: Annie | 2012-05-22

Sorry, it will not cut the baby just normal birth is not possible.

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Annie | 2012-05-22

Yes, 100% correct I have the same symtoms due to mine that was broken a few years back and she will not be able to.

Reply to Annie