Inversion therapy

Our 18yo daughter with Downs has a spinal curvature which neither chiro. or physio. has been able 2 help. She often complains of pain. I also have lower back pain + stiffness + also stiffness of my neck - especially 1st thing in the morning or if I sit in 1 position 4 too long. I' m considering buying an iversion table, they' re quite expensive. Would this b a useful thing? Has anybody got experience with inversion therapy? Would love 2 hear from U.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear A
I unfortunately know nothing of iversion tables and can't give an opinion on this. You symptoms sound like a bit of wear and tear (osteo-arthritis). Gentle exercise like Pilates may help both you and your daughter as her pain is the result that the back is not aligned. Try and move around several times during the day to avoid the stiffness and also stay as active as possible.

I have a bad backache after a fall over a banister and down a staircase 23 yrs ago. I have 2 damaged levels in my neck and another 2 in my lumbar spine. I had a full disc replacement in my lumbar spine in 2004 and 1 in my neck last yr. I hv an Inversion table and find it helps me greatly but discipline is required to ensure you use it everyday to achieve max benefit. And besides helping with back pain etc there are all sorts of other benefits to be had. Good luck!!