Question
Posted by: JJC | 2010/11/02

Invasive Adenocarcinoma

My grandfather has lately been diagnosed with above named cancer. We are uncertain of how long he has had it. He has became very sick lately and is in the hospital at the moment.

What is the normal life expectancy with patients diagnosed with this type of cancer?

Can you please help.

Hallo JJC
"Invasive" means that the cancer has spread into surrounding tissue. "Adenocarcinoma" means that it comes from glandular tissue. It depends on a lot of factors: in what organ this started, what the staging of the disease is, whether there are metastases to other organs, whether it is well defined or not etc. These things his oncologist would have determined and he will be able to give you an idea of how sick your grandfather is, and what the average life expectancy would be for his stage of disease. I am so sorry to hear that he is so sick, it must be a hard time for you.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/02

Hallo JJC
dr Bets