Question
Posted by: dot | 2010/07/29

introspection

Hi. For the past few years, I have been single and have become very introspective. I think a lot about things instead of verbally expressing them. When I meet someone, this concerns them because I am quiet instead of saying what is going on in my head!! Is this a learned habit that I could get out of or is it a personality trait? I have always been more on the introverted side of the spectrum but never this bad. Please help. Thanks.

Remaining too quiet is easily unnerving for the other person - and so it is if you blurt ou everything you're thinking. A personality trait describes tendencies ro some patterns, but your behaviour is still potentially under conscious control. Sounds like you may be over-intellectualizing, and over-analyzing, which can leave less time for simply being and living.

1