Question
Posted by: Neiras | 2010/01/11

Introduction to a new sibling.

I' m 6 months pregnant and we have an 1year old.
How do we effectively prepare and respectfulle introduce our boy to the new sibling.
Is it a good idea for him at 14 months to visit me in hospital or is it better for him to stay at his grandma.
We are living in a remote town and need to go to a bigger town for the delivery. So if he stays with this gran he will be away from us for more or less 4 day.
I would like to do this the right way so that it' s stressless for everybody.
Thank you.

An absence of 4 days would not need to be a problem, nor would it be a problem for him to visit you in hospital. He's a bit young to understand what's happening , but still simple explanations may be helpful. Emphasize that he is stil important and loved, and that he will soon be able to be helpful in helping care for his new sib

1