Question

Introducing new kitty to older cat - advice plse

We have a 10 mth old female kitty and yesterday we adopted a 6 week old kitty that had been rescued. Our 10 mth old girl hates the baby. last night she started hissing at us as well. My daughter is afraid that the 10mth old will bite her or scratch her. She tends to do that when she gets jealous.

How do I help these two girls get along? We have not in any way ignored the older girl. We played with her last night and cuddled her as we usually do. But she doesn' t want to be touched by us. This morning she jumped onto my bed and started sniffing around. Baby had been on my bed just before. Kitty started hissing and making growling sounds.

Dear Anon

Buy a Feliway diffuser and pheromone collars for both cats.

3

Feliway - and don' t force them - let them discover each other in their own time. Ignore the hissing, can carry on for days and weeks - and at some stage they with accept each other or love each other.

Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-11-16

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet