Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2011/02/07

Introducing new kittens to existing pets

We''re getting 2 kittens in June. How do we introduce them to our elderley cat without distressing her unduly. We also have 2 dogs ( a Staffie and a Boerboel) that we need to take into consideration. Help?

This situation worries me. Introducing them to the elderly cat is not really an issue as you can consider using a pheremone collar on your elderly cat and pheremone sprays around the house. With regard to the dogs I would keep them separate for at least 1 month. You need to have the dogs on a lead and a place that the kittens can escape to, this needs to be done in a "neutral' type of area . Reward the dogs when they are being good around the kittens.If the dogs show any aggressive tendencies they need to be verbal reprimanded. As I said this situation worries me as I have seen too many unhappy endings.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/02/09

Reply to CyberVet