Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/11/03

Introducing new dogs to puppy

Hi, I have a beautifull 7 month old female pitbull, who has a beautifull nature towards people and other dogs. I recently aquired 2 English Bulldogs 1 female approx 3.5 years old and her son , 20 months old. They are truly wonderfull dogs, and has shown no problems being moved to another place, and into a new family, although they are with us for only 4 days, they have been guarding the property like they' ve lived there forever. My yard is split into 2 sections, and I have kept the dogs apart for the past few days, just to get a chance to settle in, and get to know each other, through the gate. I want to introduce the pitbull puppy to them, but am a bit scared as to how it will go? The female Bulldog does tend to dominate other female dogs ( according to their previous owner) but doesn' t show aggression to our house doggy , a min pin. x jack russel.
How should I go about this, do I introduce 1 dog at a time to her? Indoors / Outdoors?
Your help would be much appreciated.

Dear Anon

Spray them all with DAP spray and introduce them away from home. A park or area where they can play before taking them all home.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/04

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet