Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/10/22

Introducing kittens to pet rat

Hi there,

Would you be able to give me tips on introducing two 6week old kittens to my pet rat as friends and playmates. I have done the introduction with a dog successfully but do not know much about cat behaviour. My rat is fearless and owns the home but i am adopting two male kittens and am unsure of how to go about integrating them with minimal stress or injury to my rat. I know it can be done with patience. Any tips?

Dear Anon

Cats are hunters and hunters they will stay. They will eat even their best friend.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/10/23

Thanks Carol

Posted by: Carol | 2009/10/23

I have had cats and rats with no problem , just dont leave the rats unattended is all . And remember kittens are curious , but just be careful.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/10/22

seriously..... ??? WTF

Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/10/22

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet