Question
Posted by: Delana | 2010/09/13

Introducing dogs to a yard with a swimming pool and a trampoline

I have a Chow-chow and Toypom and will soon be moving to a new home which has a swimming pool and trampoline. How can I introduce my dogs to the new environment and them safe ?

Hi Delana

Please put a fence around the pool until the dogs are familar with water. Put them into the water to ensure thay can swim and orientate them to the pool steps so they know how to exit. If there is no pool steps then I advise that you keep the fence a permanent fixture.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2010/09/13

...and when you select a fence, PLEASE do not choose the kind with loops on the top. I have heard of several instances where dogs jump up against such a fence, stick their head between two loops, and then can''t get down, because there is no grip anywhere for their feet once they''re trapped. The consequences are horrible.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/13

Hi Delana

Reply to CyberVet