Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/03/10

intrauterine insemination

I just want to know the cost of this procedure as i am hiv positive and my hubby is negative.I really want to have a baby

Bee

Dear Bee

The cost of intrauterine insemination may vary from one clinic to another and in addition will depend on whether medication is used to induce ovulation or it will be on a natural cycle but the actual cost of the insemination with the sperm wash would probably in the region of R600 – R1200. However it is important to know that intrauterine insemination can only be performed if the sperms are of reasonable quality and the fallopian tubes are patent. I would also advise you to only attempt a pregnancy once you have a good CD4 count and an undetectable viral load.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Bee | 2010/03/23

Dar Doctor

Thank you very much for the response and your advice

Bee

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/17

Dear Bee

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert