Posted by: Meda | 2009-03-13

Intrauterine device (IUD)

I am 28 years old. I do not want anymore children, would you advice me to have Intrauterine device (IUD) put in or not? I am currently on the 2month injection, it is working finr but I am having lots of pain in the area of my womb and tibes. Went to see a doctor he said my womb and tubes are swollen, gave me some antibiotics but this is making me very sick.

Please help give some advice?

If you have a womb/tube infection, the IUCD would not be a good idea. Rather continue with the injection. This would not be the cause of the infection.

Posted by: tania | 2009-04-14

hi, I had a IUD put in a year ago. Since then I have experienced a constant discharge. Sometimes after sexual intercourse it has a slight spots of blood. No pain tho. Is this normal with IUD.

Reply to tania