Posted by: Carola | 2009-04-16

Intraocular lens replacements

Dr Bets. In May last year I had a cataract and intraocular lens replacement done in Pta. I am 42 years old. After 6 months of many visits to numerous opticians, I was advised to have the lens replaced. My eyesight turned from +3.00 to -1.00. I went to a different specialist as the first Dr was in Pta and I live in Jhb. In Feb this year I had the lens replaced. Now my eyesight is +1.5 and I am unable to wear a contact lens as it irritates the eye and only helps with seeing close up. My eyesight is terrible and according to my specialist I have to replace this lens again. I am very weary about this as I am uncertain as to the long term affect this will have and what is the change that this time will be successful?? Any suggestions?

Dear Carola
Did he say why the lens needs replacement? Do you know why they had to replace it the first time? Have you ever had refractive surgery (Lasik surgery?) Surname of doctor in Pretoria?
Please answer by posting a new post?

Posted by: Carola | 2009-04-27

The reason for the lens replacement was because I am farsighted and not a candidate for laser surgery. (16/04/09)

Reply to Carola