Question
Posted by: Tori | 2012/10/06

Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy

My daughter was stillborn at 36.5 weeks, due to a rare pregnancy-related liver condition called ICP. I need to find a specialist gynae who is familiar with this condition and can " look after me"  during the next pregnancy (since ICP is likely to recur). I have had more help from the ICP Support Group overseas then I have in my own country. Can you recommend a gynae for me please?

Your best bet would be to go to the academic hospital in your area. This is the only place you are likely to find people with experience of this rare condition.

9
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/23

Dear Gynae Now this is not going to sound nice because up until now no one has been able to tell how my son dead. do you want to tell me that the only gynae's that would have been able to save my son are all at the academic hospital? So why do we have sub gynae's claiming to be gynae's because clearly the don't know what they are doing.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/08/18

At last, we have our very own SA support group: www.facebook.com/groups/icpsupportsa

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/08/18

At last! We have out very own South African support group: Www.facebook.com/groups/icpsupportsa

Posted by: Tori | 2012/10/19

p.s: have you joined the OC Support UK Facebook Group? You can post all questions and concerns there and you will get lots of answers and support. x

Reply to Tori | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/23

what i want to know is why are these people calling themselves professional and i must still pay my hard earned money and still lose my child. can somebody anybody explain this to me please so i can understand.

Posted by: Tori | 2012/10/18

Hi Lea,

I would love to connect with you - we can start our own support group!

Please email me at babytori7(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am in Johannesburg but will look up and Dr Misra and give it a try.

xx

Reply to Tori
Posted by: Lea | 2012/10/15

Tori -my heart breaks 4 u! I also had ICP... no1 wil understand what we went trough if they havent gone trough it themselves. I am also looking for a support group in South Africa. If you are in SA - i would def recommend dr Misra.(empangeni , KZN)

Doc - i have terrible marks on my body (especialy my legs) caused by the whole ICP situation. People have asked me if i have chickenpox! What can i do to get it away? should i see a dermatologist?

Reply to Lea | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Karien | 2013/05/24

Hi Lea. I live in Bloem and am experiencing ICP symptoms, which my doctor is simply writing off as "itching as a result of a cream or soap that I'm using". I'd love to make contact with you to discuss your experience with ICP and perhaps get some tips on the correct people who can help me in S.A. Thanks so much. karienvdm[at]msn[dot]com .