Posted by: Belinda Kruger | 2012-11-26

Intragastric balloons

Hi. I have a picture of a surgical item, which I would like to email to you so that you can tell me whether it''s an Intragastric balloon. Will this be possible?

Dear Belinda Kruger
I can, unfortunately not provide my e-mail to Readers. Intragastric balloons are used to assist individual to lose weight. I think it would be more productive to e-mail this image to a plastic surgeon or to the Bariatric Centres of Excellence that perform bariatric surgery. You can Google these Centres to find one near you and their contact details. For example, the Unitas Hospital in Centurion is a Netcare hospital that provides bariatric services.