Question
Posted by: LJ | 2008/08/18

Intracranial pressure headaches

To all the people out there suffering from headaches. Do not waste time. Go and check it out with a good GP who can refer you to a Neurologist. I had a headache for three months and could not bend over anymore becuase it felt like my head was going to explode and come aprart at the base of my skull. My husband made me go to a doctor and I am glad I did. The CT scan showed a dark spot which the GP could not explain and refferred me to a Neurologist. I was admitted (almost a week later) to Rosepark Hospital for further tests. The first thing the Neurologist noticed was that the little curves and wrinkles a normal brain should have was barely visible on mine due to Intracranial Pressure. The dark spot was an old scar left by an infection and not harming my everyday actions or brain functions and the least of our concerns. The MRI the Doctor ordered showed some improvement since the visit to my GP. The Medication was working but to slow. I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel since the pressure is going down faster. I would rather chew iron nails than to have that kind of headache again. My only question is whether this is a life long condition and could it be life threatening?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear LJ,

I would need more information about your condition to be able to make an intelligent comment - the best person to ask is the doctor who is treating you.