Question
Posted by: cathy | 2012-07-02

Intollerance

Drinking coffee, alcohol, eating certain foods (fat base) can give me a bloated/sore, gassy, tired and a generally unwell feeling. Have tried a couple of different alcoholic drinks and all in their time seem to give a me a reaction (Guiness -a quite alarming allergic-shivering, vomiting, diorhea, Wine- a general feeling of being unwell. I try not to drink tea, using camomile/peppermint/ginger as an alternative, but as with today when I tried a Ginger Wine, my stomach is so very sore/bloated and constipated. I have wondered whether my Liver is working to capacity....
Any help/suggestion much appreciated.

Dear Cathy
I am sorry to hear that you are having such problems with your digestion. Unfortunately there are so many different conditions that can cause the symptoms you describe (liver malfunction as mentioned, ulcers, reflux, pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, gallstones, food allergies or intolerances, enzyme deficiencies, etc), that it is vital to first have a medical examination so that we can obtain a diagnosis. If you are suffering from liver problems, either acute or chronic, then it is very important that you receive the correct medical attention. So please see your doctor as soon as possible. Once we have a diagnosis we can see how your diet needs to be adjusted.
Holding thumbs that you can pinpoint what is causing these symptoms.

2
Posted by: cathy | 2012-07-03

Dear DietDoc
My thanks for your advice, I shall make an appointment and hopefully we shall move things forward
Cathy

Reply to cathy
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-07-03

Dear Cathy