Posted by: s | 2009-07-20

When I was a baby up until the age of about 7 or 8 I was allergic to wheat, dairy, meat, sugar, perservatives, citrus, eggs, penicilan, all these items used to give me intense nausea especially the citrus. I grew out of it but now the diary thing seems to have come back and it was literally an instant thing. I had scones with jam and cream like I' ve had before over the years but on this particular day (about 3 weeks ago) it wasn' t even 5 hours and I had really bad diahorea (spelling?). I didn' t link it to anythign at the time and only realised the next day what it could have been. I then did a little tester again by eating the same item a few days later and same thing. Now it seems that any dairy product from cheese to yoghurt (which I find strange) is giving me varying levels of diahorrea. How is it possible for this to happen again, showing up not as nausea this time round and starting so suddenly?

Dear S
You may be lactose intolerant - sometimes this is triggered by a viral infection in the gut. Have yourself tested for milk allergy with a blood test.
dr Bets