Question

Intimidated

I am a 28 yr old single lady and stay alone. Was in a long term relationship for 7 yrs but after we broke up last year, i have not met anyone yet. I have a good job, wonderful home and studying towards my post grad degree but the problem I have with guys I meet is that they seem to be intimidated by the kind of life I have then they will end up not calling or seeing me again. Why is that? Do some guys prefer me to be wholly dependent on them just so they can stay with me? This is really frustrating me as I am quite lonely. All my friends have partners or are married so I end up not going out with them as I get frustrated by this. So I just use my wknds to go visit my mom. How can I tackle this?

I'm sure other readers should be able to comment helpfully here. Some men may be old-fashioned enough to want a dependent woman, but surely not all ? Maybe it depends in part on the situations and circumstances in which you mmeet men - are there perhaps places and settings in which actual adult men are reachable ?

4
Posted by: Huh | 2010/08/05

Sure Hommy!

Reply to Huh
Posted by: Home | 2010/08/04

Thats great...I mean abt your success!

Well I am avilable and single and not intimidated by a woman''s succes as I''M DOING WELL MYSELF!

I''m 30 and living alone in GP as well...so...? wanna hook up?

Reply to Home
Posted by: Jordan | 2010/08/03

Hi Anon. I have pretty much the same problem. I own my own place, have 2 kids, never been married. But I just can''t seem to meet any guys. I think I am fairly good looking, intelligent, have a good job, not needy at all, basically happily indenpendant. I don''t know if that puts guys off. I don''t know what they want from us woman. It''s all very confusing.

Reply to Jordan