Question
Posted by: Johan | 2010/01/11

Intestanel gas

Doc,

I have for the last +-4 years a very foul smelling gas (at least 20 times a day) and go to the toilet (sic) 2/3 times a day and also foul smelling. Could you kindly give me some indication of possable causes and propose the way forward.

BACKGROUND:

I had cancer (carsenoma), localised on my small intenstine during 2001, was operated on and 40 cm' s was removed and recieved INTRON A injections 4 times a week.

Subsequent to this treatment for the last 8+ years I went for CT scans, colonoscopy, blood tests, urine tests, etc. All are clear since and subsequently the Oncologist and Physician declared me " back to normal"  during 2008 and stated I dont have to go for any further tests unless new simtoms. To date no symtoms.

However, since initial operation, my tummy did not work 100%, in that I had diaree then semi hard then to toilet 6 times a day. It however settled to +- 2/3 times a day, mostly loos stools, light to medium brown stools (sic), last +- 4 years foul smelling stools and wind at least 20 times per day/night(could be longer).

Will appreciate your guidance.

Hallo Johan
You may have a type of irritable bowel syndrome due to the operation you had. Try the following: Use Pankreoflat 1 three times a day as well as Probiotics 1 with each meal. You can take Fybogel orange one sachet at night to bind the stool if it is very loose and also to keep the tummy working regularly. I think that you do need to go for a general check up with your doctor at least once a year.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/11

Hallo Johan

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/11

Hallo Johan

Reply to cyberdoc