Question
Posted by: minks | 2011-02-25

Interviews

not sure if this is the right forum to post these questions:

1. I am going for an interview soon and am currently divorcing, is it necessary to mention this? if i am asked re my marital status then i guess theres no harm mentioning it or should i refrain?

2. Does anybody know what types of questions are asked in interviews these days? its for a PA position?

3. What should i not say or ask in an interview, its been 10 yrs since i was interviewed?

4. Do i need to mention that i also have a chronic condition even though this condition does not impact on my ability to work? However, it will impact on occasional sick days when i relapse (sometimes only every 18 months to 2 yrs) as i would then need to be hospitalised for 3 days? I cannot predict a relapse and also i could go for years without getting ill so i am not sure if i need to mention this condition to them? I dont want to appear sneaky and get the job and then only mention it? On the other hand i dont see why mention it and it might cause me not to get the job yet i am otherwise healthy and never even get colds and flu so would never be off work except for this condition.

I would appreciate professional comment re above please. ASAP thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Interviews

it is not necessary for you to mention your current divorce action.

If you have a chronic condition and a question with regard to your health is asked it is normally appropriate for you to mention this.

1
Posted by: Casey | 2011-03-02

When going for an interview, always remember 

1) When they ask you about your marital status, be honest with them stating that you are busy divorcing.
2) The questions asked in an interview depends on the company and the person interviewing you.
3) NEVER ever start talking about salary, working hours or leave in an interview. When the company start to talk about the salary, only then you can talk about salary.
4) In regards to your health, it depends on the company if they want to know it or not.

Reply to Casey