Posted by: Mano | 2008-11-05

Interview Tips

Dear Lovely people, I have been called for a second interview which apparently I have been advised that I will be asked psychological related questions whereby they will test my assertiveness, emotional level among other things. Kindly advise what kind of questions to expert as I am clueless.

Congratulations so far. I have no idea of how they would try to do this --- possible some quacky method some psychologist sold them --- companies are awfully gullible here. I did years of research into interview methods, and wouldn't recommend any specific way of doing that you've been told they try to mdo.

Posted by: Latoya | 2008-11-06

Shame guys, forgive them, whites, they have troubled soul, they still sitting in the throne of most companies and they don' t understand why should black get there, well J we are here and we are here to stay. at least with us we need to go to school to have qualification to be at top levels, whereas with you, you need colour skin, but things have changed now, leave with them.

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: Bee | 2008-11-05

J, you are such a loser and definitely screwed up. Shame, I feel sorry for you! Always want to blame everyone but yourself.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: piki | 2008-11-05

u are a real piece of tash u... for years u' v been tormenting us with that " white"  govt of yours... and now everything is in our favour u cant handle it... who on earth said that persoin is black and h/she doesnt like whites... u are the one with the colour problem, once more get lost and get over it u white trash!!!

Reply to piki
Posted by: piki | 2008-11-05

To J
get lost u , u as hole

Reply to piki
Posted by: J | 2008-11-05

Oh no, if you are black then obviously you will be happy with hamilton' s GP status. Ot you will noy know about that, only watching local soccer.

Rather then tell them during the interview that you don' t like us whites and that you are glad that your goverment (that is buggering up everything we have built up through the yearrs) is reaaly treating whites so badly and discriminate against them in every possible way.

Reply to J
Posted by: J | 2008-11-05

Katie has given you good guidance.

I guess that being truthfull is one thing, but during an interview you must rally sell yourself, and while we all are as we are, try to think of these things you expect to encounter, and ensure your whole attitude shows positivenenss, self assurance, and assertiveness, as well as in answering the question. Tell them you like Lewis Hamilton (even if you wished like I did, that Alanso took him of the road on the first lap).

Reply to J
Posted by: katie | 2008-11-05

Hi there,
I know what you mean, I worked for a large insurance company so I will tell you the silly things that they asked.
* They give you work place situations and ask you how you would deal with them. eg if you have a screaming client on the phone etc, or a problematic staff member.

Always remember, the answer they want is that you will 1st hear the person out and listen to what they are saying, then state your solution. ( recognise a job well done also etc)
* They will ask when last did you have a disagreement with a superior and why
*What will you do in the case of a racial issue in the office
* Why do you think that you are the correct person for this possition
*How would you deal with a querie that you dont know the answer to.
This type of thing, so think nicely and be rady, if I can remember any more questions then I will let you know

Love Katie

Reply to katie
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-05

Good luck, sounds like something I would not like to do.