Question
Posted by: OH MY | 2010/03/08

INTERVIEW

I am not sure if you can help I went for an interview only to find out that it was the incorrect one.
My agent told me about this Senior Buyer Position in this motor industry and I went there prepared and ready.
During the middle of the interview I only discovered that the position is actually for the Procurement Manager. I do not think I am fit and ready enough to become the Procurement Manager and I don''t think I have made it. I am so worried since I am so desperatley looking for a position in Procurement

Not my field, and I'm sure other readers will be able to be useful - but how about calling back to explain that you were misinformed about the post you'd be interviewing for, and feel less qualiofied for the post they were interviewing for than for the other - and ask if they have any other posts in your preferred field, for which you might be considered ?

5
Posted by: Purple | 2010/03/08

Job titles aren''t always an accurate measure of what the level of the job is. What might be a senior buyer in one company is called procurmenet manager in another and so on.

Rather ph one your agent and check with her why you were put forward for that position. You might find that you met the requirements of what the company was looking for in that position. Remember that when a company uses an agency to recruit, they ask a number of agencies to send them CV''s. The agencies advertise the position and go through their lists of candidates and put forward their own shortlists of candidates. The company go through all the cV''s from the various agencies and compile their own short list from those and then ask the agencies to invite those people for an interview.

I don''t think you should contact the company at all at this stage, but just phone the agency and ask why you were put through. They might not even have been given the job title - just a list of duties and competencies and requirements for the position and asked to find some people to interview - as this stops people being ruled out because of job titles not accurately reflecting levels.
The company would not have interviewed you unless you met the requirements for doing the job. Hundreds of people apply for jobs and only about 3 are interviewed for each position - they don''t waste time interviewing anyone who doesn''t have a very good shot at the job.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: OH MY | 2010/03/08

Liza I am afraid that I might not get the post because I feel like I am not fit enough for the role.
I am afriad that should I get the job I might not deliver since I am not fit for the role

Reply to OH MY
Posted by: Maria | 2010/03/08

Very unprofessional of your agent.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Liza | 2010/03/08

Not sure what you want help with? If you do get a job offer from this company, do you want to accept it or not? Or are you just afraid that they won''t give you a job offer because you aren''t qualified for the post of Manager? Or are you just worried because you need a job?

Reply to Liza