Question
Posted by: KV | 2010/11/08

internal itchiness

Sorry about the mistake/blank post earlier....
I am a 27 year pld woman. For a while now (maybe a year), from time to time - i get a sensation of itchiness INSIDE my body that starts on one spot on my back - right side of my spine - between shoulder blade and spine - which seems to permeate to the corresponding part of my body in the front - my right side of my chest - scratching on the surface does nothing. I have bad muscle spasms on my back (sides of spine, huge knots on shoulders, lower back and neck muscle spasms) - could this have something to do with it? Sometimes it seems to permeate the inside of my throat as well - but this is all internal. What could this be and how do i go about fixing it?

Hallo KV

The itching can be caused by the irritation of a nerve and may cause symptoms in the area that the nerve supplies ( see dermatome http://www.backpain-guide.com/
Chapter_Fig_folders/Ch06_Path_Folder/4Radiculopathy.html

It could also be caused by an irritation in the lung caused by an allergy or infection.

A physiotherapist would be able to treat muscle spasms and trigger points, and your GP should examine your lungs and do x/ray if a lung condition is suspected.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/08

Hallo KV