Posted by: Connie | 2009-02-02

Internal Body Fever

Hi Doc, I get these don' t know how to put it but it seems to me like internal body fevers. I am 37 and my hubby says I burn up some nights. I' m little scared ' cause I don' t know exactly what it can be I will start to monitor it. I do know that I had a glass of red wine last night but I drink plenty of water so it can' t be dehydration (1 glass). Should I be worried? my hubby mention human combustion which scares me ...please advise!

Dear Connie
Night fever can be a sign of underlying disease like TB. It could also be a sign of premature menopause. Have you physically taken your temperature if you feel like this - maybe you should and keep a diary of it - when it happens, how long it stays, if there are any associated activities - like eating or walking or sleeping?
Ask your doctor to examine you to see if he can find any underlying cause?