Question
Posted by: anon | 2011/09/13

internal bleeding - urgent

i am concerned about my husband, he has hgih BP 210/141, protein in Urnine and Internal Bleeding - doc also said his heart is under alot of strain and is bordering Diatetes blood count is 9.5. what could this be? also when he has his first sip of alcohol - he gets this hectic rush, eyes buldge a bit, they get red, face looks very hot - it only lasts a moment then it is gone - looks alot like when is BP is very high.....what could this be - should i be concerned? Last year he had tummy pain, and could not sit due to pain, but he never went for a G Scope. he constantly feels bloated and takes eno or Elkafizz for relief.

Dear Internal Bleeding
This is indeed an urgent condition that you describe and I sincerely hope that you have taken your hubby to the Emergency Centre at your nearest hospital by now. He could be suffering from a perforate stomach or duodenal ulcer and bleed to death. Your husband needs urgent medical attention and treatment. He must get his ulcer cured, lower his bp and get treatment for his diabetes. So take the initiative and get him to the hospital before this combination of conditions proves fatal. The doctors at the hospital will treat each one of his conditions - the dangerously high bp, the bleeding ulcer(s), the diabetes and his heart condition. When he is discharged I would also like to recommend that you take your husband to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for a diet prescription that addresses all these problems. He should not drink any alcohol because from what you describe, he may be getting an allergic reaction to alcohol and the alcohol can make the internal bleeding worse.
Take action immediately

1

Dear Internal Bleeding
Take action immediately