Question
Posted by: Anna | 2010/06/14

Interdict against ex

Can I get an interdict against my fiance''s ex-wife? She sms or fones me to say I must leave him but he is not interested in her anymore, he tells her that over and over. She don''t want him to take the kids when we want to go out for the day. They must not be around me,I did nothing to her or the kids. The kids want to come but she refuses.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Yes, you can bring an interdict against her for stalking. You can obtain one at your local Magistrates Court - Family Court. She can't refuse the kids if there is an order spelling out that your fiance is entitled to contact to the children. If she refuses she is in contempt of a court order, which is a criminal offence.

4
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/06/16

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: Anna | 2010/06/14

Thanx guys, the other problem is that we don''t know why she won''t let the kids go out with us. I buy the kids gifts &  clothing when I feel like it, when their dad asked them if they don''t like me, they said they do and wants to come visit again. Is she just selfish because he went on with his life after the divorce because she thinks she is hurting me and him, but in the meantime she is not thinking about the kids.

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Nic | 2010/06/14

You cannot get a PO from a SAPS station - you need to go to court.

I''m sure you will be able to get a protection order.

Reply to Nic
Posted by: Whena | 2010/06/14

Get a protection order from your local SAPS station against her

Reply to Whena