Posted by: dee | 2012-08-27

.Hi, I drink, spectrum, chronium, fibre, evening primrose and green tea supplements every morning, is this safe to drink all together?? Also, which is best, evening primrose or fish oil?

Expert ImageNatural health

Yes you can use it together. I would however use the Evening primrose oil only 1 week before the period to balance the hormones. Evening primrose oil is an omega 6 oil. Due to us having a lot of this in our diet already, excess can cause inflammation. Fish oil would be a better choice. Look out for a fish oil that is firstly not farmed fish - too many toxins in the product, and there is use of anti biotics. The actual active ingredient to look out for is the EPA DHA. You should be looking for something in the region of EPA - 400 DHA 300 to have a therapeutic benefit.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie