Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2009/02/19

Intense pain during sexual intercourse:(

Hello,

I experience extreme pain during sexual intercourse, but only in certain positions, and it is a deep pain. The only position i am comfortable in is missionary with my legs down, and it is really affecting my relationship:( I want to feel free, and instead im starting to feel nervous about having sex.

Last night, my partner made one sudden movement and i screamed out in pain, and i began crying it was so sore.

I am also a bit nervous about going for a check up as i dont know if im confident enough to speak about this properly.

Please help me, what could it be?

Dear Celeste
This is not normal and you must please see a gynecologist as soon as possible. This could be due to an ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis. You may need a sonar of the womb too