Question
Posted by: jah_man | 2008/07/14

intelligence

I believe everybody is intelligent.But can a moron,idiot servant and imbecile be classified as intelligent people considering they have a low I.Q

Moron and imbecile are now used purely as rude words, and not used by experts in any way. An idiot savant ( like the character played by Dustin Hoffman in the film Rain Man ) is someone with a generally low IQ in many respects, but with one or two exceptional streaks of high ability, though often in ways that aren't especially useful, like being able to memorize the contents of a phone book, or the days of the week of all days back in history. Those with generaly low IQ woudl not be considered intelligent, and a savant would be considered of broadly low intelligence ( and often needing a sheltered environment to enable him to be safe ) but wih one or two exceptional skills