Question
Posted by: Latoya | 2012/02/29

Insurance

Hi anybody with knowledge about how insurance companies work. on the 8th December i was bumped by a truck, i went through my insurance to fix my car, which gave me grief. I then fixed my car, and got a lawyer to claim from 3rd party insurance, they took a while before calling me, the assessor then called me, and last week Thursday he came to look at my car, which is already fixed, i forwarded him the pictures of my car and gave him the invoice, he hasnt said a word ever since. Today i have been calling him, he kept on saying, he will get back to me. what must i do?

Thanks for your response

I hope some other readers can be helpful here - my experience of insurance companies was so horrific, and I found their assessors so dishonest, that as a family we gave up insurance, and instead decided to put aside a similar amount in a back accoount monthly, and that works better for us.
I'm so sorry to hear that your experiences sound about as frustrating as mine were !
But isnt there a short-term insurance ombudsman who you can complain to, nowadays ?

3

Third party claims are known for the length it takes them to be sorted, you need to remember it is a legal process and thus, follows the same route, It saddens me to tell you that this might only be resolved towards the middle of the year, I work in the industry so I know how frustrating this is , just hold on , it will eventually be finalised

Posted by: Latoya | 2012/02/29

CS, i also thought of doing that, but took another insurance instead, i think that is the better option. thanks for refering me to Ombudsman, i will try and contact him/her. hope other readers will be able to share the light

Reply to Latoya