Question
Posted by: Sister T | 2010/02/03

Insurance

Hi there can someone give me so advice. I had an accident in December and my car was about 1 month and on the insurance contract they said there is a penalty for 2500 for having an accident within 6 months. Fine thats how i know it. Then now the panelbeater says i should pay 13058.31 he is saying my excess is 3500 and there can be an additional 10% so i dont understand maybe someone can explain it to me cos i even asked the panel beater and he said he cannot give me the exact amount as it can be higher or less. Im so confused. The panelbeater says he will only give me the exact amount after he finishes with the car.

Imagine i took out a cover which included a car hire and guess what they only gave me the car for 15 days and thats it. They havent even started with repairing my car and i dont have the car can you imagine Please help. Since i got an accident in December even now they havent started anything with the car

I thought after the insurance has approved the quote from the panelbeater then I should pay the excess and the penalty. Now it has changed.

Please help me to understand as im so clueless. Now they are saying my penalty is 3500 not 2500 im so confused. Can someone refer me to someone who knows how this things work.

Here is how the sms that they sent me looks like: Basic excesss 10% of the claim with a minimum of R3500 (9558.31) and claiming within the first 6 months after inception of the policy R3500 total R 13058.31

Not at all my area of expertise, so I hope some other readers can make some helpful comments.
I have often said, that it's a pity that the one common danger you cant take out insurance against, is damage by insurance company

3
Posted by: VJJ | 2010/02/04

Go and see your insurance company directly....do not deal with the body shop at all........the Ins. company will give you what the excess is....

Reply to VJJ
Posted by: VJJ | 2010/02/04

Reply to VJJ