Question
Posted by: Zelda | 2010/08/30

Insullin Resistant

I am insullin resistant, have IBS and is over weight. I deperately need to loose weight, but my insullin resistant diet now contridicts my IBS diet. I am constantly bloated, constipated, miserable and feel deprived. Im also blood O-neg. Help, please!

Hallo Zelda
Try a low carbohydrate diet - roughly explained: exclude carbohydrates, except for 3-4 portions of rye bread, rye vita or provita per day but eat as much green/white vegetables and salads as you need, a low fat proteien (chicken or fish) with each meal, and at least 3 apples/pears per day. Limit peas, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes to 1/2 cup per meal.
Try apple and yogurt or egg, tomato and mushroom on slice of rye bread for breakfast

This will probably improve your IBS and your Insulin resistance.
Have you seen a dietician yet?

2
Posted by: Zelda | 2010/09/01

Thank you for the guidelines. I will have to consult a dietician for mealplans then. I am trying to avoid sugar as much as possible, but it does not seem to make a difference? I am also on the drug Ciplatrim, but cant say that it''s helping.

Reply to Zelda
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/30

Hallo Zelda

Have you seen a dietician yet?