Posted by: Minnie | 2012-10-10

Insuline Question

good Day I was diagnose with insuline resistance and glycophage was prescribed 850mg twice per day, with a low calorie dieet and cutdown on sugar in total. I lost 5kg and my fasting levels is between 5.0 - 5.8 but during the day tmy postptandial level is 4.0 - 4.8. Is this normal?
I am taking currently only 1 glycophage in the morning but i realized that my urine smells like burnt toast. must i keep on using the glycopage with the low calorie dieet or stop taking it?. my next appointment with the dr is only the end October and i am unsure what to do. kind regards

A random glucose of 4.0 to 4.8 is normal. I suggest that you continue taking the glucophage and rather wait until your next appointment with your doctor, in order for your doctor to do blood tests.