Question
Posted by: Candi | 2011/05/13

Insulin Resistance

Hi Doc, If I follow a dieticians diet, how long before my body will adjust and balance and I start to loose weight please when I am insulin resistant?

Also if I take Levifiim HRT which contains 2,5g tiblone, will I battle to loose weight? Many thanks!

Dear Candi
I can't predict how long it will take before your body asjusts to the diet your dietitian has prescribed for you to lose weight and improve your insulin resistance, because this depends on a variety of factors (your age, what medications you are taking (female hormone treatment may or may not hamper weightloss depending on the reaction of the individual patient), how physically active you are, how strictly you follow the diet, etc. If you do stick to the diet and combine it with aerobic exercise lasting for at least 30 min a day, then you should see results relatively quickly. Remember to keep track of your vital statistics because you may be losing fat even if the scales don't show this.

1

Dear Candi