Question
Posted by: Marike | 2010/12/06

Insulin resistance

Hi Doctor,

My latest insulin level came back at 14. I am currently on glucophage 1000mg a day. All my other hormone levels are excellent, my thyroid, cortisol, iron etc are all perfect.

I am currently gaining weight at a dangerous pace despite my glucophage, low gi diet and regular excercise with my trainer.
(i gained 20 kg in the last year and a half, currently gaining about 0.5 - 1kg a week)

My GP and dietician both gave up.
Where do i go next? What do i do now? Do i see an endocrinologist? i am willing to pay with a kidney if it means i stop gaining.

Please help.

Hallo Marike
Maybe it is now time to see an endocrinologist - it seems as if you are doing everything you should and picking up so much weight is dangerous for your heart health. Have they checked for Polycystic ovarian syndrome?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/06

Hallo Marike