Insulin Resistance

really am miserable... At the age of 15 I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and PCOS. At 13 I weighed 42kg, and I was average height, through grade 8 my weight went to 55kg and a year later I was 63kg. I was picking up weight while running 4km everyday and watching what I ate. I couldn'  t understand it! I have been to specialists and no one can help me. Now, I am 20 and I weigh 72kg, am 1.68m tall. I'  ve even stopped menstruating ( even when on the pil). I can try everything under the sun, I have never lost a single kilogram! Blood tests revealed too much insulin, too little estrogen, too much testosterone and an underactive thyroid. I have been on Glucophage for 5 years now, currently on 850mg 2x daily. Running now 6km a day, drinking 2 liters of water and eating balanced - I manage to stay the same weight. I am at university in Potchefstroom, 2nd year Dietetics. Tonight as I was studying for my Physiology exam, Endocrine, an anger came up within me reading about the effects of insulin - increasing fat deposits in adipose tissue and inhibiting release of fatty acids from adipose tissue for utilization. So it is this insulin making me fat, and I just want to cry because nobody can help me. In Nutrition we learn about eating a balanced meal etc. I must be honest, I'  m so fed up I feel like never eating carbohydrate again if it is stimulating more insulin release. But it goes against everything I know. What can I do just to shed some weight? 10kg? I wake up early for training and it goes unnotticed. Believe me, at this age girls want to be noticed, and the boys don'  t look your way if you seem a little overweight. My gynae just told me to exercise harder and drink the pil, I have been doing this for 6 months already - nothing. My period has actually completely stop, where before there was at least a little something. What can I do???

You could have a diet managed by a dietician. It seems that you are applying all the other medical interventions. Perhaps toning exercises will help to firm up certain areas. You should also be sure that your thyroid function is normal.