Question
Posted by: Ann | 2008/08/26

Insulin &  Fertility

My doctor send me to go and do a (fasting insulin test as I have a problem with hormone imbalances and I am not ovulating. The result came back and there is indeed a problem with the insulin levels that causes some kind of resistance. Is this serious and how can it be fixed? I can only see my doctor at a later stage as he is very busy and I really need an answer asap as I am very worried about this.

Insulin resistance can cause problems with fertility by interfering with ovulation. There is medication to treat it.

1
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/08/26

It sounds like you have PCOS - google it and see if you have any of the symptoms. You can take Glucophage to bring the insulin down which will help with you ovulating.

Reply to Dee GTC