Posted by: Delis | 2008-12-18

My boss an i argued about a certain situation regarding moving that we were unhappy with they refused to hear us out.

She did a fair amount of screaming while i did speak back at her. Only to be called in by her close friend and superior the next day warned next time a letter of insubordination will be issued. Apparently other people witnessed the incident thought i was out of line it she made her decision based on this solely. I was not even asked my side of the story.

I have a long history with my manager as i also blew the whistle on fraud with travel card points she was exchanging them for tickets overseas for her whole family as well as theft (proven with witnesses) from the company flat - threadmill satlelite dish decoder furniture , elctronics etc.

she got off with a mere resignation as public officer and said that previous management approved the points for her to use (these managers were fired from co) no explaination for theft but mentioned knowing illegal activities the co was involved in at the time

I was not protected as a whistle blower and the management i had exposed this to has left. Meanwhile i have had to still report to her despite all of this. with new management they have no idea about her history yet she is still allowed to work in finances?

I have had enough after this as i have been working here for 6 yrs with nothing negative on my file yet she can do this over a disagreement?

what are my options resign and expose her to the president of the company who already fired her for mediocre things or stick this out and made to be looked like monster?

Also what does the letter for insubordination mean?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You should not have to just suck this up. Calmly write all the facts down, with the supportive evidence, call a meeting with HR and have a Rep present. Ask the employer for assistance and advice - do not be aggressive and challenging,leave the ball in their court.

Posted by: Andrew | 2008-12-21

As far as I know,insubordination is not sdanding up for oneself,and neither it not allowing another person to trample all over one,based on what they perceieve as their little power base in the workplace..Perhaps because Im over 50,and therefore have enough equity in my pension fund,R/A etc,but I would have put her in her place.Being a subordinate in the workplace,means that one has a line supervisor,and the ornanogram/heirarchal structure is for the purpose of achieveing the organisations core business,whatever it is,and no manager/supervisor is allowed to bully and/or intimidate or victimise their subordinates,based on some personal grudge or dislike.Although not a popular view amongst labour relations consultants and/or human resources practitioners,my advise is to join a good/strong and well established union,and to let them tackle it head-on.If all of the work force in the company had to stand together,[as is the case where I work]-she would come off second best.The labour law today does not permit intimidation of any sort in the workplace.

Reply to Andrew