Question
Posted by: DOTTIE | 2008/07/30

INSTINCTS??

How do one learn to read people? When I meet people I am very gullible. I always try to believe the best and most beautiful from everyone, but then later are disappointed, i.e. started working at a new firm, met a lot of new people and was immediately drawn to someone who always complains about her boss. I only now realised (a year later!!!) that she is actuallly the biggest gossiper in the office. A new secretary has also started working with me about 3 months ago - very nice girl - always chatting to everyone and I only now realised how she is playing people off against each other by telling lies and twisting the truth.

How do I learn to read people and make an objective decision about who and what they are and if they are trustworthy or not?

Don't leap to conclusions about people, treat them pleasantly without letting them get close, till they have revealed themselves. Then while you're waiting, you can assess them, their behaviour patterns, and form an informed decision rather than the rash assumption that everyone will be saintly