Question
Posted by: ANNE | 2011-09-07

Instant Soup during Pregnacy

HI Dr I was just wondering is it ok to eat instant soups while being pregnant? I just had a bowl and it was so yummy I actually want to go buy a whole stack. I have a weird craving for salty foods and I dont think this can be healthy coz I read sumwhere that sodium is not good. I do eat alot of fruits and vege when at home but instant soup at work Sweets or cakes and everything sweet makes me sick. Pls help.

Anne

Instant soup is not detramental during pregnancy but please remember that they do contain a lot of sodium. You should be aware of your daily sodium intake, as this can cause hypertension.