Question
Posted by: Tired | 2010-09-13

Insovency/leave

I am working as a bookkeeper. Last year I was granted voluntary surrendering of my estate, which means that I am now declared insolvent. My employer does not know about this. Should I have notified them of this and can it affect my position at all?
My second question is: I am 54 years old and I have worked for this company now for 11years. We get 15 working days a year leave. I am tired and burnt out at the moment and feel I just NEED a break. I cannot afford to resign and risk losing my income, can he refuse to give me unpaid leave should I request it.
I really feel as if I am heading for a complete burn out. Battling to concentrate, making silly errors, tearful, just an overall feeling of not coping.
Your advice will be appreciated

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: insolvency / leave

The Trustee of your Estate should know that you are employed.

with regard to leave, you can certainly ask your employer to give you unpaid leave or you could get sick leave if you explain to your doctor that it is affecting your health.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010-09-23

re: insolvency / leave

Reply to Labour Lawyer