Question
Posted by: Lindie | 2012/10/01

Insomnia

I just started using Champix and from the 3rd day L''m having trouble sleeping, is this going to continue whilst on the course?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

It may continue, but should improve after the first week. If it continues to bother you, discuss it with your doctor or pharmacist who can suggest possible remedies. Note that insomnia is a common symptom of nicotine withdrawal, so that might be the cause. It typically lasts for about a week, but may persist for 3-4weeks. It is helpful to reduce your caffeine consumption at this time, as without nicotine your body will retain more caffeine and this could well worsen your insomnia.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/05/29

I couldn't stand the insomnia and bowel movement problems, so I decided to quit the quitting!!

Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/10/04

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice