Question
Posted by: SC | 2012/01/24

Insomnia

Good day
My little daughter is turning 8 March and we are having a problem with her from we got back from vacation, that she cant sleep at night, and is awake about 7-10 times a night, and then claims to be frigtened and refuse to sleep in her room, what can we do, because nobody in the house gets a nights sleep and her brother of 3 sleeps alone in his bed and have no problems?

Very troublesome, I'm sure. I wouldn't expect this sort of problem to arise at this age for no reason at all, and the first step would be to calmly and gently chat to her about her fears and recent experiences. Were there any sleep problems while she was on vacation ? Did anything happen while on vacation that may have frightened her, in the night ot even at some other time ? Could she have viewed something on television / DVD that she found frightening ?
Wjay does she imagine could be frightening in her room ? It might help for her to have a night-light in her room, so she can see everything is fine when she wakes up, rather than perhaps being frightened by ambiguous shadows.

2
Posted by: SC | 2012/01/24

Thank you for your reply, she has a night light, and all that I can think of that happened at the vacation is that her nephews told ghost storie one night....so I dont know if that is the reason?

Reply to SC