Question
Posted by: Liezl | 2011-03-14

Insomnia

Hi Dr, I have always been a bad sleeper and suffers from insomnia. As a baby I had colic and never slept properly. In the last 2 years (I''m 36) the insomnia just got worse, even with Stilnox MR I can''t stay asleep for more than 2 hours. I either wake up regularly throughout the night or can''t go back to sleep. I also suffer from restless legs syndrome, but am taking medication for it. I have two children (2 and 6) with the result I''m always tired and wake up exhausted in the mornings. I really want to sort my sleep out this year.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Continuous use of ANY sleeping tablet will not work. Regular waking is normal, but you should be able to get back to sleep rapidly. Children of this age should not be disturbing you excessively. Yet you are still tired.

You need to see a sleep doctor to help you sort your problems out.

4
Posted by: jean | 2011-03-30

I dont sleep as I am not able to fall asleep.I take sleeping pill since 2 years (1/4 to 1/2 tab (zolpidem 10mg) but it doesnt work all the time.I want to sleep and be off spleeping pills.What can be done ?

Reply to jean
Posted by: nelly | 2011-03-25

i started taking purata 15mg in december last yr but when i have noticed that if i do not take it for day i get anxiety attacks, is this a sign of dependency?
Nelly

Reply to nelly
Posted by: Liezl | 2011-03-14

Thank you for your speedy response Dr. Is there perhaps a website which has all the sleep doctor''s in Gauteng''s details so I can find one closest to me?

Reply to Liezl
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011-03-14

Reply to Sleep expert