Question
Posted by: maja n | 2011/03/03

insomnia

I am 55, struggle to get to sleep at night, what can I do?

I have discused this a great many times presvious, so check the archives of this forum, and there are also useful articles if you search H24 in general.
Somilarly, if you check on the web. there are many sites which discuss the basics of insomnia. It depends on the cause, of course - if it's due to anxiety or depression, for instance, or some physical cause, these need to be the basis for planning how best to manage it.
SOme broad general principles - try not to worry about it so much - its often the worry about ( I'm not getting to sleep !) that keeps you awake. Avoid coffee, cola, tea, after around 4 pm. Wind down with quiet reading of something unexciting for an hour or so before trying to sleep. And if you're not asleep in 30 minutes or so, get up and go to a different room, and read or listen to calm music for 30 minutes or more before trying again. Don't just lie there struggling. Its often when you stop struggling that you fall asleep. Warm milky drinks may help you to get drowsy.

2

Posted by: zzzzzzzzzzzzz | 2011/03/04

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Reply to zzzzzzzzzzzzz