Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2011-01-10

Insomnia

I have been suffering from severe insomnia for about 2 years now and have been on Z-Dorm (1/2 a tab a night). I found out I was pregnant about 5 weeks in, I am now approx. 8 weeks. I have stopped the sleeping tablets but I cannot sleep at all. I get about 2 hours a night and I am absolutely physically and emotionally drained. I dont know what to do as my first doctor apt is on the 28th of this month. I have taken a 1/4 of a tablet a few nights because it has just become too much but now I am obviously racked with guilt and so worried that the tablet would have done any harm to the foetus. I am also considered High risk as I am 39 years old. Please can you provide me with your kind advise.

Joanne

The occasional sleeping tablet will probably not cause harm, but you should not become addicted to sleeping tablets. Try natural remedies like warmth baths at night, listening to soothing music, etc. Your age puts you at risk for Down syndrome and you should consider screening for this.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-13