Posted by: cathy | 2009-02-01

i cannot sleep without taking a sleeping pill , but get up in the morning feeling very tired and short term memory loss.
would to be able to sleep naturally, am 51 yrs old .

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You have become "habituated" to the pill - in other words, although it is probably not giving you a better sleep than if you had never been on it, coming off it is likely to give you insomnia, possibly even for a couple of weeks.

In the mean time, the tablet is giving you memory problems, so you will indeed need to get off it.

You will probably need help from a sleep doctor to do this, with the inimum trauma and disruption.

Good luck!

Posted by: CT | 2009-03-12

Please can you tell me where in the JHB area one can find an actual sleep clinic? I have checked out the directories, phoned INFO, asked my G.P. but no one seems to have a clue.

I have major insomnia issues and feel it is time to be assessed at a sleep clinic but am clueless where I can find one?

Also - could you give a few pointers as to just what it entails to be assessed at a sleep clinic?

Many thanks for any feed back.....

Reply to CT