Question
Posted by: Insolvent | 2009/01/29

Insolvent and Sibling

This is not a labour question, but please could you help me as I am desperate:

Can a person go insolvent (sequestrated) with about R180K debt already under debt counselling and not helping and nothing to settle with (offer creditors as settlement) and no assets and nothing to attach?

Can you in SA divorce your siblings? But not your mother? Is the simplest just to change your name? How much would it cost. I don' t want to be associated or linked to them in any way they are the cause of everything.

Thank you very much,
Insolvent

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: INSOLVENT AND SIBLING

A person can be sequestrated even if under debt counselling. You cannot divorce siblings.